If you’ve visited Sous Vide Ideas before you may know by now that I am kind of a nut when it comes to vacuum sealers. So right now we’re going to get into the best chamber vacuum sealers for home use.
I’m a huge fan of vacuum sealers in general; I think they’re a fun and awesome addition to a home kitchen because I like the process and I love having packages of fresh, delicious foods ready to go when I need them. (For sous vide and other uses.)
I have a spouse who loves to fish so we have a lot of fish vacuum sealing going on in addition to all of the meat we’re always portioning and packing.
Chamber vacuum sealers are really superior to the others I’ve used. It’s the best way to seal up anything that has a liquid component to it and I’ve also found a chamber unit to be the best vacuum sealer for fish.
Here are the 3 Best Chamber Vacuum Sealers for Home Use
Let’s look at each one more closely.
First, the Waring WCV300 chamber vacuum sealer.
- 2 gallon chamber measures: 11.8'X12.6"X3.19"
- 11" seal bar double-seals pouch, guaranteeing complete, long-lasting closure
- Marinating function intensely infuses meats, fruits, and veggies
- User-friendly easy-to-clean touchpad controls
- 120V, 380W Limited one year warranty, Cetus, NSF
- Stainless steel housing chamber
This is a nice machine that would serve you well in a home kitchen. It’s a sleek, nice-looking unit with a look that is kind of a blend between restaurant-style design and home kitchen aesthetics. But what matters is performance, and this machine will put a sturdy double seal on each bag for you.
You may find that the Waring doesn’t quite have the build quality, as you can figure out by the fact that it is substantially lighter than the VacMaster machines. Meaning, the machine’s components may not have quite the durability if they are made of more lightweight materials.
I would call the Waring WCV300 the best unit to buy if you don’t have the VacMaster in the budget. This one is very good and far, far better than what you would get from the standard vacuum sealers — as we already know, the chamber units just work better and are easier to use. (They also save you money on bags.)
Next up is the VacMaster VP210 chamber unit.
I’m not going to go to far into this one right here because you can read the VacMaster VP210 review right here.
- Dry maintenance-free machine pump.
- Keeps food fresh up to five times longer.
- A double seal on each bag ensures a complete and lasting seal.
- Customizable vacuum and seal methods offer a variety of packaging options.
- The VP210 can vacuum package liquids and liquid-rich foods like fresh meats, soups, marinades, and stews.
This is the unit that I have the most experience with and can vouch for wholeheartedly. It will last. It will do what you need it to do, and that includes sealing up food for hours on end if you want to.
It’s built like a tank and creates neat, durable vacuum-sealed packages of any kind of food you want to pack. You won’t get a big mess if you’re sealing juicy or soupy foods.
The main difference between the VP210 and the VP215 is the pump. The 210 has a dry pump that’s maintenance-free, while the 215 has an oil pump, which means you’ll have to check/change oil from time to time.
Finally, and for not a ton of money more than the 210 is the VacMaster VP215 chamber vacuum sealer.
I have a detailed VacMaster VP215 review right here.
- Equipped with a 1/4 HP rotary oil pump that can manage larger loads.
- Heavy-duty yet easy to use, the VP215 extends food's shelf life up to five times longer.
- A double seal on each bag ensures a complete and lasting seal that's twice as strong as other machines.
- This reliable and quiet vacuum sealer is perfect for small restaurants, culinary institutions, delicatessens, catering, or hunters and fishers.
- The VP215 can vacuum package liquids and liquid-rich foods like fresh meats, soups, marinades, and stews.
Like the VP210, this is a tank of a machine that will go and go without needing a break like lesser units. This one will last you through all of the vacuum packing you’ll need to do related to sous viding, fishing, hunting, portioning bulk meats, you name it. Soup and stew? Oh yeah no problem with this guy.
I hope this article has helped you determine which of these machines is the best chamber vacuum sealer for home use in your kitchen.