After making its debut on Amazon in March of 2018, the Wancle sous vide immersion circulator has quickly racked up over 500 reviews for an overall rating of 4.4 stars. I will confess that I had not heard of the brand until fairly recently. Here’s our Wancle sous vide review so you can see what all the hype is about with this model.
Wancle Sous Vide Immersion Circulator Overview
- Sou Vide Cooker Brings Professional Restaurant Cooking Technology To Home: Michelin restaurant level quality, cook everything from Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, Egg, Pasta, Chocolate, Baking, Salad, Dessert, Breakfast, Cocktail to Vegetarian. No fuss, no noise, no overcooking anymore, best deal to bring professional cooking to home.
- PERFECT DONENESS AND ACCURATE TIMER: Digital control panel makes the temperature accurate to 0.1°C and time to minutes. Wide range of temperature (25-99.9°C)(77°F-211.8°F) and timecontrol (Max 99h 59mins) allows you to cook any type of food you like and Sous vide cooking retains more nutrients and vitamins than other cooking methods. Cooking at home with sous vide ensures and increases food safety.
- INCREDIBLE EASY TO USE: Unlike other immersion circulators, those with WIFI and Bluetooth feature are thought as over-complicated and increase your cost. focus on the core functionality of the sous vide cooker itself. Stainless steel sleeve makes it extremely easy to clean and dry out. No need for other fancy equipment.
- CLEVER DESIGN, SINGLE-HAND OPERATION: Attach sous vide cooker to any water-filled pot you already have, put your ingredients in a sealed bag or glass jar into the pot, set time and temperature, then press start with one hand to start the process; Curved design prevents control panel from mist; Food grade stainless steel; Overheat and low water level protection mechanism.
- WORRY-FREE SHOPPING: With all the certificates, sous vide machine passed Reach, RoHs, TüV, GS and ETL, we are confident of the quality of our product, therefore, we offer a 24-months warranty, please feel free to place the order.
Wancle Sous Vide Review
First, this sleek unit is listed on Amazon with this very long name Wancle Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Thermal Immersion Circulator, with Recipe E-Cookbook, Accurate Temperature Digital Timer, Ultra-quiet, 850 Watts, Stainless/Black.
It does hit on some of the key features of the model: it is 850 Watts, it’s known for accuracy, and it’s also one of the quietest sous vide machines you can buy.
In addition, it claims to be able to reach 140 F in only 15 minutes, compared to other units that will take upwards of half an hour to reach that temperature.
Build quality is often cited as one of the standout features of this circulator.
- Temperature range 77 F – 211.8 F
- Shorter length than other immersion circulators, making it easier to fit into cooking containers
- Easy to operate
- Design allows you to quickly select temperature
- Affordable price (check current price)
- Solid construction
- Reliably holds accurate temperature
- Attaches easily to cooking pots or Cambros
- Audio alerts let you know when temperature is reached
- Timer function allows for times up to 99 hours
- Audio alert lets you know if water level is too low due to evaporation
Some things you should know about the Wancle sous vide machine.
First, this immersion circulator does not have Bluetooth or WiFi capability, which the company literature says allows them to focus on creating an even better sous vide machine. This may or may not matter. I am not a big user of smartphone apps related to my sous vide cooking, but that is an important feature to a lot of people. Possibly a deal breaker.
Also, even though the ratings on Amazon right now are overwhelmingly positive, there are some problems that have been reported.
It’s supposed to be an extremely quiet unit but some have said that is absolutely not the case, based on their experiences. In addition, quite a few customers have reported having trouble after two or more uses.
Some have had out-of-the-box trouble with it operating properly.
Holding or reaching temperature is also an issue in some cases, with some saying it worked great at first and then lost the ability to reach temp after several uses.
Currently, 71% of reviewers rated the Wancle sous vide immersion circulator at 5 stars.
A rating of 4 stars was given by 14% of customers.
Reviews of 2 or 3 stars were given by 6% of users. And finally, 9% rated it at one star.
Looking at the positive reviews, it do not get that suspicious feeling that sometimes come from Amazon reviews these days. That is, it seems like these are legitimate reviews rather than the paid or semi-paid/free merchandise positive reviews that we all hate. Some people mentioned buying it on a lightning deal price.
Our overall Wancle sous vide review: for the price, I’d definitely be interested in picking up one of these as a starter unit or possibly as a second machine to use for large cooks of multiple foods.
Check it out.
Last update on 2019-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API