Nomiku (which means “eating and drinking” in Japanese) is one of the first companies to offer budget-friendly sous vide technology, for people who like having their food cooked at just the right temperature and doneness. In 2012, the leadership of CEO Lisa Fetterman led to the creation of the Nomiku sous vide company, successfully raising their Kickstarter campaign to $500,000. This allowed them to start manufacturing quality sous vide machines for home use. A few years later, the company released a better version of their immersion circulator, which is the Nomiku Sous Vide 1100 Watt Immersion Circulator.
- NOMIKU WIFI SOUS VIDE Immersion Circulator is the first wifi-connected sous vide device that lets you create and send recipes directly to...
- EASY, DELICIOUS, AND NUTRITIOUS. Attach the Nomiku to any pot, add water, place your ingredients in a zip-seal bag or glass jar, press start...
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE with the EatTender App for your smart phone. EatTender is the largest sous vide community on earth with thousands of...
Nomiku Sous Vide Review
Sous vide is a method of cooking in which vacuum-sealed food is immersed in water that’s boiled to a precise temperature, ensuring maximum juiciness and tenderness. This unit easily allows busy people to cook a perfect meal using the circulator’s unique features.
Dubbed currently as the world’s most powerful circulator made especially for home use, the Nomiku Sous Vide Machine is perfect for the home cook and is also the world’s first circulator that’s Wi-Fi-enabled.
[easyazon_image align=”right” cloak=”n” height=”480″ identifier=”B01N45P8PG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://sousvideideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/41GcXhTs4fL.jpg” tag=”sousvideidea-20″ width=”480″]Below is a summary of the features included with this circulator.
• Accurate Temperature Setting: The Nomiku Wi-Fi Immersion Circulator has a temperature accuracy of 0.2°C (32.36°F). This allows for perfectly cooked food — never over- or under-cooked.
• Durable Heating Mechanism: Nomiku has been known for manufacturing durable, patented, and unique heaters that quickly bring up the desired temperature. Plus, it never burns out, making it a long-lasting and worthy purchase.
• Dishwasher Safe: Using the top-rack in a dishwasher is totally safe. The bottom sheath is also removable for easier cleaning.
• Wireless-enabled: Cooks can make use of detailed recipes, updates, and monitoring by simply syncing the circulator to Android and iOS smartphones.
• EatTender App: EatTender is an app you can use to access a large library of recipes online, all sous vide, and also has step-by-step guides.
• Remote Cooking: Since you can sync the circulator with the EatTender app, cooking can be done remotely, even when you walk out of the house and leave the circulator on. You’ll never have to worry about burning your food.
• Circulation Capacity: The Nomiku Immersion Circulator has the capacity to perfectly keep the temperature steady, even while circulating up to 10 gallons of water.
How to Use
Using the Nomiku sous vide immersion circulator is easy. In fact, even a beginner cook can start using it in no time at all. Here are the four easy steps towards cooking food perfectly with this circulator.
Step One: Prepare a pot (at least six inches tall).
Step Two: Using the front-facing clip, carefully slide the circulator on the edge of the pot. The LCD should be facing you.
Step Three: Place your food in a vacuum-sealed bag. If you don’t have a vacuum sealer, you can use a Ziploc bag. Make sure that no water can get in.
Step Four: Set the desired temperature according to the recipe you are following.
Step Five: Sit back, relax, and wait for your food to cook perfectly. This means perfect tenderness, juiciness, and the nutrition is all sealed in.
[easyazon_image align=”right” cloak=”n” height=”333″ identifier=”B01N45P8PG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://sousvideideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/51bJ72BEr6lL.jpg” tag=”sousvideidea-20″ width=”500″]Pros and Cons
Just like any machine, the Nomiku has its fair share of pros and cons. To start, its simple design is paired with its effectiveness in heating water for cooking sous vide style. The large touchscreen keeps controlling the temperature easy, and the front-facing clip securely keeps this circulator on the edge of pots.
The dedicated app, plus the Wi-Fi connectivity is a big plus for users who like accessing sous vide recipes, and who like controlling the machine remotely.
Lastly, even though it runs on 1100 watts and quickly heats water, Nomiku technology makes sure it never burns out, decreasing the chances of fire in the kitchen.
The only con most reviews have for the Nomiku is that it’s bulkier compared to its predecessor, and the app integration needs to be improved.
The bottom line is while it’s more expensive that other brands, the extra features such as the durable heating mechanism and the Wi-Fi integration all make this circulator a worthy addition to the busy person’s kitchen.